Busiest Moms in the World Spring Clean Challenge Day 38
Master Bedroom – The Closet and Dresser Drawers
Let’s talk about Pottery Barn ads. There is something about those above average perfect bedrooms that give me an host of mixed feeling. Mixed feelings meaning, I want to rush to the nearest Pottery Barn and just buy everything or geez, my bedroom is never to look that awesome so why should I even bother trying to pretty it up. Here are a few my Pottery Barn feelings.
- There is not a stitch of clutter that real humans use.
- The beds are so fluffy, they have to be using like three or four plump quilts or pads to shoot those photos.
- OMG, I love those sheets, those sheets would make me feel 10 years younger and I would automatically lose 10 pounds just by having them in my life and on my bed.
- Wait, I love that lamp, what coupons can I clip and mountains can I move to buy that lamp?
Well, you get the picture:
Anyway, we are super busy moms and we just get up every morning to do and be the best super busy moms we can be and frankly ,you know I think we rock. But why not take a couple of minutes here and there in the busy week and pretty up our bedrooms with stuff we just have around the house? A glass jar with a flower (random outdoor weed) picked by our children to me is the best floral arrangement in the world. A framed photo can be changed out whenever you feel like it, why not add a spring floral picture or a piece of art your child has created.
Put on your thinking caps ladies (gentlemen) and think how can I have a pretty space without breaking the bank and how can I pretty up this space with little or no time.
Now to the challenge:
Dresser Drawers by steps:
- Take everything out of one drawer, then toss out trash and discard clutter either in a donation bag or in a box to stash in another room where it belongs.
- Clean the inside of the drawer.
- Replace items in a logical order.
Do this exercise for 5 to 10 minutes and when you are done, you are done.
Spend 5 more minutes and remove clothes that you look at and don’t love and place them in a donation bag. I know this is tough for some folks, but just turn on your super mom powers and make a decision. Look at that piece of clothing and ask yourself does this make me the best ME I can be.
Remember we are working in the closet every day this week, so pace yourself, please.
Have a super day! And just so you know Pottery Barn is my favorite store in the whole world today and I probably visit at least 3 times a week during my frequent mall walking. When I studied web design Pottery Barn was the go to site for what is done right in design, so I love that site for more reason than just wishing and purchasing dreamy items.